The questions below aim at identifying the different role of users and also identifying the different tasks that they have to do.
- What is your role?
- What kind of tasks or activities do you usually do?
- How long is a task cycle?
- How many people are involved in completing a task?
- Are these tasks changing?
The purpose of this serie of question is to gather information about the environment of the users wether it is human or technical:
- Which system platform are in use today?
- Will these platform change?
- What are your feelings about this or these platform(s)?
- What application do you use?
- Does the new application need to intefrate those applications?
- What are your feelings about these applications?
This serie of question will help building a more precise profile of the actual users of the application.
- What is your technical background?
- What is your expertise?
- What are the key responsibilites you have?
- What document do you produce?
- Do you coordinate a group?
- How would you define success for the application?
- How would the user be rewarded?
- What is your involvment in the project?
- What are your comments or issues?
This last step helps building with the user a portrait of the ideal application, thus helping the stakeholders to have a brighter perspective of the key features that the application needs.
- What are the lacks of the current application?
- What would you like the new application to do?
- Could you imagine how you would use this application?